BTW......I am much further along now than when this picture was taken yesterday morning.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
First, I would list my Coach Tape measure that I happened to get by luck one evening while waiting on the corner by the Coach store for my DH to come and pick me up. So there I was with a little free time on my hands, and the Soho Coach store leering over my shoulder, calling my name, taunting me to come in, how could I resist it's pleas. So I enter the store, and am drawn to the back where they have in a glass case 2 small square objects, one blue, the other pink, I asked the woman who worked there what those cute little squares were, and she looked up at me and smiled, "Oh those, they're tape measures, aren't they just too cute." My reply was very simple and to the point, with Amex in hand I said "I'll take the pink please, and does that come in a cute little coach box too?" A few moments later, brown coach bag in hand I walked out the door, and got into the car where I sat with my new little present on my lap, and trying to explain to DH that it's not just a stupid tape measure, that it was a PINK COACH tape measure, and that now it was MINE.
The next thing I would list as my favorite accessory, would HAVE to be my Denise needles. Not only are they extremely versatile, but they allow me to have several WIPs going at the same time (I am in no way admitting to having a WIP issue.......GC, SHUT-UP, and Monica, stop laughing). The great thing about the pink set is that a portion of the proceeds go to a completely 100% privately/government grant funded lab dedicated to cancer research located in Vermont.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
It's been awhile since I've posted any really good pics of things, so today is the day for lots of blogging. I currently have "several" WIP's, and I am posting a picture of the cabled cardigan - by Debbie Bliss (baby cashmerino) that I am making for my soon-to-be niece. I still have a few more inches to go on the back before I began the arm decreasing. I can't believe how slow it is going, but the cables are done every three rows, so that takes a little bit of time.
And here is a picture of my beautiful twin niece's who are so patiently waiting for their little sister to come out of "mommy's belly". They are soooo very excited, it's hard for them, they keep talking about the baby, and what she's going to do, and how she's going to miss their b-day, and how she can't touch this or that, but that she can do this or that. It's just too funny to listen to them. Sometimes they say things so serious or do something so bad, and you know that you shouldn't laugh, but sometimes I just can't contain myself from "spitting out" my laughter, literally. Kids are just too cute.
This is them getting ready to play WII, the one on the left is going to be the next Maria Sharapova , and the one on the right is definitely going to take down Laila Ali one day. They definitely both have the looks to be either one. LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Here are my responses to the SP10 questionnaire. I have just recently posted something very similar for the Lime & Violet Swap, so the answers may overlap, sorry for that.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love knitting with Malabrigo, it's like butter, although I'm finding a lot more yarns I like to knit with as well. I don't particularly care to knit with acrylic (self confessed YARN SNOB here!)
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I just got this fabulous Della Q for my circulars, but I am currently still keeping my straights in a paper bag (not good).
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would consider myself an intermediate knitter, I'm DEFINITELY NOT advanced. No Faire Isle in my future. I leave that up to Cathy and Carol, a mother daughter team that comes to my S&B on Thursday's.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I'm working on it, I will post as soon as I have something that I haven't purchased off it yet.
5. What's your favorite scent? This really depends on what's going on in my life. I LOVE Hyacinths, they smell wonderful no matter what (I used to love using my nose spray because of the smell - they took the scent away : ( ) I am also a big fan of Betsey Johnson, and some of the new Victoria's Secret scents, and they ever lasting fall backs of Pear glace, Cucumber and Melon, Sweet Pea, and some of the more popular Bath and Body products. I love to bake, so any kind of candles that have that aroma is fabulous.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Not really, I don't have your usual sweet tooth. I crave ice cream once in awhile, but as far as candy goes, I'm VERY partial to Cadbury milk chocolate ONLY from England. The Cadbury you find in the states was made here, not imported so the rich creaminess is so very different.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do stamped cross stitch, I gave counting a try, and it didn't work out all too well, and I have currently put my cross stitch needle down for a while. I'm a baker though, that's a craft, isn't it? Other than that I'm not all to artistic.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My music is very eclectic, from 1960's to current (don't like rap).
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am currently married to the all star WII tennis champ GC (slowly sneaking up on him), I do not have any pets, and unfortunately am allergic to most. I will however start getting my allergy shots once again when we have a house of our own so that my DH can get the dog he wants. (not a big one)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear them all, I am not really a hat person because I HATE messing my hair, but I am in a had making frenzy (just about to finish up the Odessa hat), so I am sucking it up. I would love to have a poncho, I think they are soooo cool.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I have to say that I love knitting sweaters, but I HATE, let me repeat myself HATE seaming. I just feel a sense of oneness with my project when I am able to wear it, like hats.
13. What are you knitting right now? The question should be posed, at least for me anyways, what aren't you knitting, and I would have to say anything that I need to knit and am under a deadline for. Is there something wrong with me?????
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Why not, handmade gifts can sometimes be the best gifts because not only did it take time, but there was thought about the person as well.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circulars to straights, but sometimes straights are better for certain projects. I like the Addi Turbos, and I've recently started to grow fond of the Addi Natura's. I two sets of Denises, but have had some trouble with them lately, an the company has yet to reply to my complaint (not a good sign).
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both as a matter of fact, and I love them, good stress reliever.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Do we need to revisit the pink sweater again?????
18. What is your favorite holiday? This may sound superficial on my part, but I would have to say that my favorite holiday is any holiday where I would receive a gift (BTW, my half b-day is March 23 - my BF's b-day)
19. Is there anything that you collect? Does yarn count as a collection? I collect tea sets, although right now I am on hiatus from buying any new one's due to my current living situation, but once that changes, watch out DH.....
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don't have any magazine subscriptions as of yet, but I want to subscribe to Interweave Knits and Knit Simple I know how cheesy you say, but I like the fun ideas...and that's where the....ummmmm....pink sweater came from). I can't say that I have any specific patterns in mind, except maybe the new Nancy Bush pattern from Lace Style.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Not that I am aware of. In the future I might want to move on to color techniques, but right now I think I'm pretty bogged down with truly getting a handle on the techniques I currently use (I'm really into cabling).
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I'm just starting to knit socks, I haven't yet had a chance to fully make a sock, but I'm on my way. Hopefully I'll get to the turning of the sock and complete it
23. When is your birthday? September 23...... It also happens to be the same as Bruce Springsteen.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
So, it started last night when I, Margaret/Peggy F. beat "Master Yoda" a.k.a. DH in WII Tennis. Needless to say, I took it very well, no gloating, but DH took the remote and threw it on the couch and stormed off (my little Pete Sampras/Andre Agassi). Today, I took on the WII and my oponents were pro's ranked 1200, and me at a mere 967, and I won 3 straight sets. YES, YES, YES!!!!!! Everyone, please keep your fingers and toes crossed that I can win my next match so that I can stay at pro level.
Monday, March 05, 2007
Saturday, March 03, 2007
I am at home (willingly, DH is out on the town doing well the Irish thing) watching for the possibly 4th time (or at least this one secific scene) Gone in Sixty Seconds. It's just the perfect sit-n-Knit kind of a movie. You know exactly when you want or NEED to watch, and the rest is just being stored into the movie trivia portion of your brain.
I have also gone on a yarn diet, and just realized that I actually have yarn to knit something that I don't know if I can really knit, and it is so from the bottom of my stash it is part of my original yarn purchase. Is that not just unbelievable!!! Bye Bye i-pod cases, hello lacey shawl.
Thursday, March 01, 2007
1. What kind of fibers do you prefer? I have to say I like most natural fibers, I'm not a fan of working with acrylic, although some yarns do contain it I try to stay away from them unless it's a good superwash for a baby.
2. What kind of weight do you prefer (sock, worsted, bulky)? I can't say that I prefer any specific weight, altough I tend to knit more with the worsted to bulky's only because they go so much quicker, and I'm a slow knit. I am starting with socks and lace (I'm a big Nancy Bush fan).
3. Do you spin? Nope, Sorry. I just can't think of adding something else to my repitore that might tak away from my knitting.
4. Do you crochet? I'm trying to get back into it, but it's been over 20yrs, and I'm just not getting the hang of it.
5. Are there any books, patterns, magazines would you like to own that you don't? I do want the new Lace Style book as well as Inspired Cable Knits, I'm thinking of looking into getting Knit Simple Magazine and also Interweave Knitting.
6. Are you participating in any themed a-longs like the Project Spectrum? Actually, after reading this I checked out Project Spectrum and thought it was such a unique idea that I joined up instantly. Best thing is, the first month is to knit with Pink or Red, and Pink just hapens to be my FAVORITE color, go figure. I am definitely going to have some fun with this, doing color themed projects is very enriching (no pun intended).
7. Do you have a wishlist on Amazon.com or Half.com? (provide a link) I am working on one for Amazon, but I keep buying the books off of it, so I don't know how it's going to work.
8. Any Etsy stores that you would love to get something from?
9. What other crafty things are you involved in (quilting, drawing, painting)? I bake, if you call that crafty, and when I get in the mood I do stamped cross stitch. I was really into it for a while, then I lost interest, which I sometimes tend to do, but it really lowered my blood pressure when I first learned.
10. What is your favorite sort of scent? I am really liking the new Victoria's Secret scents like Endless Love and Romantic Wish, they are new, and smell FABULOUS!
11. Do you have a sweet tooth and what kind of sweets do you like best? I do and I don't. I like ice cream (which I need to stay away from), and I like candy, but HAVE to be in the mood otherwise candy turns me off. Odd though. I used to LOVE candy, any kind any day.
12. What kind of music do you like? I have an eclectic taste, but tend to stay towards the soft popular. I also love the 80's.
13. What do you like to knit? And for whom? I like to knit just about anything I can, and I'm not too particular on whom I knit for. I am always knitting 10 projects for someone at any given time. (BTW, 10 is probably low-balling it) I learned cables back in September, and am just loving them.
14. What sort of things do you like to collect? Well, lately my collection has been very well...shall I say knitting related, i.e. YARN. I'm also a collector of All things Disney. I know very odd, but I want to get the collection of Disney movies for when I have kids.
15. Do you want needles? And what kind do you prefer? I am always looking for needles, I have two sets of Denise's (which I have been having trouble with lately), but I love my Addi Turbo's. I would love some of those in 24" sized between 6-9. Preferrably 7 & 8's.