Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lime and Violet Swap Answers

1. What kind of fibers do you prefer? I have to say I like most natural fibers, I'm not a fan of working with acrylic, although some yarns do contain it I try to stay away from them unless it's a good superwash for a baby.
2. What kind of weight do you prefer (sock, worsted, bulky)? I can't say that I prefer any specific weight, altough I tend to knit more with the worsted to bulky's only because they go so much quicker, and I'm a slow knit. I am starting with socks and lace (I'm a big Nancy Bush fan).
3. Do you spin? Nope, Sorry. I just can't think of adding something else to my repitore that might tak away from my knitting.
4. Do you crochet? I'm trying to get back into it, but it's been over 20yrs, and I'm just not getting the hang of it.
5. Are there any books, patterns, magazines would you like to own that you don't? I do want the new Lace Style book as well as Inspired Cable Knits, I'm thinking of looking into getting Knit Simple Magazine and also Interweave Knitting.
6. Are you participating in any themed a-longs like the Project Spectrum? Actually, after reading this I checked out Project Spectrum and thought it was such a unique idea that I joined up instantly. Best thing is, the first month is to knit with Pink or Red, and Pink just hapens to be my FAVORITE color, go figure. I am definitely going to have some fun with this, doing color themed projects is very enriching (no pun intended).
7. Do you have a wishlist on Amazon.com or Half.com? (provide a link) I am working on one for Amazon, but I keep buying the books off of it, so I don't know how it's going to work.
8. Any Etsy stores that you would love to get something from?
9. What other crafty things are you involved in (quilting, drawing, painting)? I bake, if you call that crafty, and when I get in the mood I do stamped cross stitch. I was really into it for a while, then I lost interest, which I sometimes tend to do, but it really lowered my blood pressure when I first learned.
10. What is your favorite sort of scent? I am really liking the new Victoria's Secret scents like Endless Love and Romantic Wish, they are new, and smell FABULOUS!
11. Do you have a sweet tooth and what kind of sweets do you like best? I do and I don't. I like ice cream (which I need to stay away from), and I like candy, but HAVE to be in the mood otherwise candy turns me off. Odd though. I used to LOVE candy, any kind any day.
12. What kind of music do you like? I have an eclectic taste, but tend to stay towards the soft popular. I also love the 80's.
13. What do you like to knit? And for whom? I like to knit just about anything I can, and I'm not too particular on whom I knit for. I am always knitting 10 projects for someone at any given time. (BTW, 10 is probably low-balling it) I learned cables back in September, and am just loving them.
14. What sort of things do you like to collect? Well, lately my collection has been very well...shall I say knitting related, i.e. YARN. I'm also a collector of All things Disney. I know very odd, but I want to get the collection of Disney movies for when I have kids.
15. Do you want needles? And what kind do you prefer? I am always looking for needles, I have two sets of Denise's (which I have been having trouble with lately), but I love my Addi Turbo's. I would love some of those in 24" sized between 6-9. Preferrably 7 & 8's.

No comments: