Saturday, March 10, 2007

SP10 Questionnaire

Here are my responses to the SP10 questionnaire. I have just recently posted something very similar for the Lime & Violet Swap, so the answers may overlap, sorry for that.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love knitting with Malabrigo, it's like butter, although I'm finding a lot more yarns I like to knit with as well. I don't particularly care to knit with acrylic (self confessed YARN SNOB here!)

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I just got this fabulous Della Q for my circulars, but I am currently still keeping my straights in a paper bag (not good).

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would consider myself an intermediate knitter, I'm DEFINITELY NOT advanced. No Faire Isle in my future. I leave that up to Cathy and Carol, a mother daughter team that comes to my S&B on Thursday's.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I'm working on it, I will post as soon as I have something that I haven't purchased off it yet.

5. What's your favorite scent? This really depends on what's going on in my life. I LOVE Hyacinths, they smell wonderful no matter what (I used to love using my nose spray because of the smell - they took the scent away : ( ) I am also a big fan of Betsey Johnson, and some of the new Victoria's Secret scents, and they ever lasting fall backs of Pear glace, Cucumber and Melon, Sweet Pea, and some of the more popular Bath and Body products. I love to bake, so any kind of candles that have that aroma is fabulous.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Not really, I don't have your usual sweet tooth. I crave ice cream once in awhile, but as far as candy goes, I'm VERY partial to Cadbury milk chocolate ONLY from England. The Cadbury you find in the states was made here, not imported so the rich creaminess is so very different.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do stamped cross stitch, I gave counting a try, and it didn't work out all too well, and I have currently put my cross stitch needle down for a while. I'm a baker though, that's a craft, isn't it? Other than that I'm not all to artistic.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My music is very eclectic, from 1960's to current (don't like rap).

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am currently married to the all star WII tennis champ GC (slowly sneaking up on him), I do not have any pets, and unfortunately am allergic to most. I will however start getting my allergy shots once again when we have a house of our own so that my DH can get the dog he wants. (not a big one)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear them all, I am not really a hat person because I HATE messing my hair, but I am in a had making frenzy (just about to finish up the Odessa hat), so I am sucking it up. I would love to have a poncho, I think they are soooo cool.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I have to say that I love knitting sweaters, but I HATE, let me repeat myself HATE seaming. I just feel a sense of oneness with my project when I am able to wear it, like hats.

13. What are you knitting right now? The question should be posed, at least for me anyways, what aren't you knitting, and I would have to say anything that I need to knit and am under a deadline for. Is there something wrong with me?????

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Why not, handmade gifts can sometimes be the best gifts because not only did it take time, but there was thought about the person as well.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circulars to straights, but sometimes straights are better for certain projects. I like the Addi Turbos, and I've recently started to grow fond of the Addi Natura's. I two sets of Denises, but have had some trouble with them lately, an the company has yet to reply to my complaint (not a good sign).

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both as a matter of fact, and I love them, good stress reliever.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Do we need to revisit the pink sweater again?????

18. What is your favorite holiday? This may sound superficial on my part, but I would have to say that my favorite holiday is any holiday where I would receive a gift (BTW, my half b-day is March 23 - my BF's b-day)

19. Is there anything that you collect? Does yarn count as a collection? I collect tea sets, although right now I am on hiatus from buying any new one's due to my current living situation, but once that changes, watch out DH.....

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don't have any magazine subscriptions as of yet, but I want to subscribe to Interweave Knits and Knit Simple I know how cheesy you say, but I like the fun ideas...and that's where the....ummmmm....pink sweater came from). I can't say that I have any specific patterns in mind, except maybe the new Nancy Bush pattern from Lace Style.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Not that I am aware of. In the future I might want to move on to color techniques, but right now I think I'm pretty bogged down with truly getting a handle on the techniques I currently use (I'm really into cabling).

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I'm just starting to knit socks, I haven't yet had a chance to fully make a sock, but I'm on my way. Hopefully I'll get to the turning of the sock and complete it

23. When is your birthday? September 23...... It also happens to be the same as Bruce Springsteen.

No comments: