Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Loving the Cables Too

I have been working on my cabled hat that Deborah at s-n-s taught me. I switched momentarily from my original hat that I started working on at my birthday since the yarn I used is a little to slippery to practice with, besides I promised my friend Diane a red hat a long time ago. My next project using cables will be a cabled shawl from Knittingbag.com. They also have a store in Darien, CT, which I have not yet been too, but since that is my old stomping ground, I plan on heading up there one of these days to meet Marcia who is the owner, and so far has been absolutely fabulous to me, in person.

I've worked with the Blue Sky Alpca's Bulky before, and just loved it. It knitted up sooo quick, and I'm a slow knitter, I was just so surprised at how quick the sweater I made came along. Now I just need to finish it off, you know, seam it up and block it. But that's ok, I finished pretty much at the end of the winter last year, and it will be perfect for this year. Maybe I'll do that tonight...hmmmmm....I've heard that somewhere before.

Marcia has been so good, she even sent me a little sample of the pattern since I haven't really worked with cables much before so that I can familiarize myself with it, and I just happen to have 1 skein of the Blu Sky left from my sweater to work with. But I can't wait to order the whole thing and begin it, I'm in such a quandary because I just know that DH will kill me when he sees the bill....hmmmmm.....how to avoid death? Something to ponder this evening while I'm swatching for the shawl (just LOVE it), and finishing my sweater. Oh no!!!!! Tonight is NCIS and the Unit, what shall I do? I can;t do anything during NCIS, all my concentration is on the show and all the hotties! hehe! Oh well, I'll figure something out!

1 comment:

Calling on Kahlo said...

Yes, I was officially "killed" on Sunday when I picked up a new bag, DellaQ, and some gifts. Needless to say my last splurge will be Rhinebeck.