Monday, October 30, 2006

Answers for my Secret Pal - Hope these help

What is your occupation? I am currently an Executive Assistant to the CEO of a gourmet food chain.

Do you have any hobbies outside of fiber arts, or even hobbies you'd like to try someday, such as scrapbooking, beading, etc? Not really, I do love baking, I went to culinary school for that, so I should. I also do, or used to do, until I picked the needles back up, stamped cross stitch. I don't forsee picking up any more hobbies in the near future as I don't have enough time as it is to get everything I want to get done done. I've thought about scrap booking, but all the goodies would put me over some line that I should never cross, if you get my drift.


If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Such a toughie........I would love to go to Bora Bora, although I have been to Tahiti, it's just not the same. I would also kill to go to the Maldieves, and also to the Greek Islands. I just love blue, blue water and sand. (although I hate sand on me. Yuck!

Favorite......

Movies: There was a time when I would only say 16 Candles, but there have been so many stellar movies since that time that this becomes a hard question. I love the happily ever after type movies, a good romance, or a great mystery. I'm a big Bridget Jones fan. I'm also a big fan of almost anythign Vince Vaughn does or Will Ferrell.

bands/singers: I don't really have a favorite band, I do really like the Corrs, but I should, I'm Irish. I'm very eclectic when it come s to my music, I really enjoy most things from classical to rock. Although I have to say that I'm really not into heavy rap or punk type music. I'm a big fan of Jack.Fm (my local is CBS FM 101.1), they are all over in most markets now, and play such a variety of music that it's great for me, I don't get bored too quickly.

TV shows: I LOVE "NCIS", and also love watching "The Unit", "Derek", "Numbers", "Stargate SG-1", and of course watch some of the stupid shows on MTV and VH1 when I get bored although "Pimp my Ride" is always a good one, although I don't like the new cast they have although Mike is at the new place, and he's funny.

Color (not just for yarn!): There is no doubt about it, you can ask anyone that I know, my favorite color is PINK. I don't just love to knit it, I love it in, on, or however, wherever it may show. I do have issues with it when people who shouldn't be wearing it wear it, it's a tough color to pull off, and I can't always pull it off. I stay away from the bright pinks for clothing. Green, however is MY color because my eyes are hazel, and when I wear something green my eyes just POP. I have some DB that I got at stix-n-stitches anniversary sale just waiting for me to cast it on for the DB Cashmere Cabled sweater. Can't wait!!!!

Flower: Calla Lilli, no doubt about that. I carried Purple Calla's down the aisle for my wedding. Comming in second would be Gerbera Daisies, I just love their vibrant colors (they have some great pink ones, two-toned too) and how long they last.

Authors: I read James Patterson, Helen Fielding (Bridget Jones), Sophie Kinsella (the author of the Shopaholic Series), Meg/Meggin Cabot (she wrote some very cute books as well). I love a good mystery, and a cute romance.

Animal: I'm not a big animal lover, I'm allergic to most of them, although I do love kittens. I think when DH and I buy a house I might start getting my allergy shots again so that we can get a dog, he really wants a dog.

Ice cream flavor: Mint Chocolate Chip (Breyer's to be exact) but will never eat it again for fear of gaining weight. I do still however eat ice cream, but just not that.

Saying/quote: You know, I can't remember right now, but I'll keep thinking because I know that I do have a favorite quote and saying. So look for updates to this one soon.

No comments: